If you've never flown a radio controlled (RC) aircraft before, the Carbon Cub S 2 is the most versatile, capable and easiest to fly scale RC airplane yet! Based on the Carbon Cub by CubCrafters, an upgraded and thoroughly modern iteration of the classic Super Cub, and equipped with Horizon Hobby's exclusive and innovative SAFE technology, this scale replica makes it possible for almost anyone to learn to fly successfully. The durable EPO airframe is equipped with an efficient brushless motor along with a telemetry-capable ESC plus a factory-installed flight controller, receiver and servos. The taildragger landing gear with oversized "tundra" style tires and a steerable tailwheel make it possible to take off from and land on a wide variety of surfaces from pavement to grass and even gravel. Or optional floats (sold separately) can be installed for takeoffs from and landings on water. Best of all, the option to add SAFE Plus® GPS-enabled technology and the Landing Assist Sensor (LAS) makes learning to fly even easier than ever before!
- The most capable, versatile and easiest to fly scale trainer based on the iconic Carbon Cub from CubCrafters
- Equipped with exclusive SAFE® technology that helps prevent crashes and makes it easy to learn how to fly
- Beginner, Intermediate and Experienced flight modes you can easily change between at the flip of a switch
- Panic Recovery mode at the push of a button to prevent loss of control and crashes
- Easily upgrade to SAFE Plus GPS-enabled technology to add AutoLand, Virtual Fence and Holding Pattern features
- Optional and easy to install Landing Assist Sensor (LAS) available for smoother landings
- Includes almost everything needed to fly except for a compatible LiPo battery and charger (sold separately)
- Spektrum™ DXS controller/transmitter with industry-leading DSMX® 2.4GHz technology for reliable control without interference
- Use a 3S 1300mAh battery for great performance overall, or a 3S 2200mAh battery for more flight time
- Factory-installed Spektrum servos, flight controller and serial receiver
- 4-channel control with four servos for training to full aerobatic capability
- Powerful and efficient brushless power system including a 30A telemetry-capable ESC
- Capable of aerobatic maneuvers including loops, rolls and upside down (inverted) flight
- Robust landing gear with oversized tires for operation from a variety of surfaces
- Quick and easy assembly—no glue or special tools required
- Durable EPO construction that's tough yet lightweight
- Full line of replacement/spare parts available
- Optional floats available for flying from water (sold separately)
- Practice flying this aircraft in the RealFlight® RC flight simulator (sold separately)
LEARN TO FLY SUCCESSFULLY
Welcome to the exciting world of RC (Radio Controlled) flight! If you've ever dreamed of taking to the skies, Horizon Hobby has you covered. We are committed to engineering aircraft that you can learn to fly with successfully even if you've never flown RC before. Every HobbyZone® aircraft we offer features industry-leading design and technology developed by experts to keep you in control and learning at your own pace so you can turn your dreams of flight into a reality!
The HobbyZone® Carbon Cub S 2 is the easiest to fly, most capable and versatile scale trainer RC airplane yet! It's equipped with exclusive SAFE® (Sensor Assisted Flight Envelope) technology that helps to prevent overcontrol, loss of orientation and crashes so nearly everyone can learn to fly successfully. Beginner, Intermediate and Experienced modes allow you to choose the level of stability and control you need, or are ready to try, at the flip of a switch. And you can instantly return to steady flight using Panic Recovery with the push of a button in any flight mode. Oversized "tundra" tires make it possible to take off from and land on a variety of surfaces including thick grass, gravel paths, dirt trails and smooth pavement, or you can install the optional floats to fly from water—which adds to its unmatched versatility and capabilities.
The Carbon Cub S 2 is equipped with a 30-amp telemetry-capable ESC that provides a variety of real-time power system related telemetry data including motor RPM, current, battery voltage and more to compatible Spektrum™ AirWare™ equipped transmitters, and even approximate flight battery power remaining via multiple LEDs on the DXS transmitter included with the RTF Basic version. And you have the option to easily upgrade to SAFE Plus GPS-enabled technology that offers features such as AutoLand and Virtual Fence, along with the option to install the Landing Assist Sensor (LAS) that automatically "flares" for smoother landings, to make learning to fly—and to land safely—easier than ever!
The Ready-To-Fly (RTF) Basic version includes everything needed to fly in one box except for a battery and charger. This allows you to choose a convenient and money-saving Spektrum™ Powerstage bundle or the separate battery and charger you prefer! Plus the included Spektrum DXS 2.4GHz transmitter can be used with other Bind-N-Fly® (BNF) and BNF Basic aircraft after you learn to fly successfully! A BNF Basic version is also available for experienced pilots who want to use their favorite Spektrum transmitter along with batteries and chargers they may already own. And for both versions, the powerful and efficient brushless power system including a telemetry-capable ESC, flight controller, receiver and servos, are all factory-installed in the durable EPO airframe that assembles quickly and easily without the need for glue or special tools.
And the fun doesn't stop after you learn how to fly! In the Experienced Mode, the Carbon Cub S 2 is capable of performing aerobatic maneuvers including loops, rolls, inverted (upside down) flight and more. You can even use the same DXS transmitter that's included with the RTF Basic version, along with the same battery and charger you use for the Carbon Cub, to fly a variety of BNF Basic version "Next Step" aircraft including the E-flite® T-28 Trojan 1.1m, the Valiant 1.3m and others!
You can also purchase the RealFlight Trainer Edition RC Flight Simulator and a Spektrum WS2000 Wireless Simulator Dongle (both sold separately) to fly this and other models using the transmitter included with the RTF Basic version! The simulator features many of the most popular Horizon Hobby trainer aircraft and built-in Virtual Flight Instructor lessons. This helps new pilots learn to fly successfully by practicing on a PC at home or on a laptop just about anywhere else!
Learn to Fly Successfully with SAFE® Technology
If this is your first RC airplane, Horizon Hobby-exclusive SAFE (Sensor Assisted Flight Envelope) technology prevents over-control and crashing while also offering multiple flight modes to deliver more control and capabilities as your skills progress:
Pitch and bank angle limits prevent over-control that can result in a loss of orientation and crashes. When the control sticks are released the airplane returns to level flight on its own. Best of all takeoffs are as simple as giving full throttle and letting the airplane fly off the ground or by giving it a quick hand launch.
More freedom in pitch and bank, but still prevents over-control and does not return to level flight on its own. This mode allows you to make tighter turns and to climb and descend faster as your skills advance. Beginner mode automatically activates and returns the airplane to level flight when the airplane descends below approximately 30 feet above ground level and the sticks are released.
No pitch or bank angle limits so you have complete control! You can even fly inverted (upside down) and perform aerobatic maneuvers including loops, rolls, stall turns and more. Panic Recovery Mode can be activated by switching to Beginner Mode and releasing the sticks.
If you ever lose control of the airplane in the more advanced control modes simply switch to Beginner Mode and release the control sticks. SAFE® technology will automatically return the airplane to level flight.