Opterra 1.2m BNF Basic with AS3X and SAFE Select (EFL11450) - E-flite | RC-LEADER
- Capable of sport flying, aerobatics, soaring, and more
- 3S and 4S LiPo compatible brushless motor and ESC
- Spektrum™ receiver with industry-leading DSMX® technology
- Stability and precision of AS3X® technology
- Optional-use SAFE® Select flight envelope protection technology
- Tool-free and fastener-free airframe assembly
- Convenient hands-free servo connection system
- Enlarged elevons offer excellent control response at any speed
- Multiple vortex generator locations enhance slow speed stability and control
- Includes standard and optional-use FPV camera noses
- Integrated keel makes launching easier and adds landing protection
- Lightweight and durable EPO foam construction with carbon-fiber support
- Molded-in LED channels for optional night flying capability
- Full-Range 5+ Channel DSMX®/DSM2® Transmitter
- 2200–3200mAh 3–4S LiPo flight battery
- Compatible LiPo charger
- (1) E-flite Opterra 1.2m BNF Basic
- (1) Spektrum DSMX/DSM2 4647 Serial Receiver plus A3235 Flight Control with AS3X® and SAFE® Select Technologies (installed)
- (1) 30A Brushless ESC, 3S–4S LiPo Compatible
- (2) 13-Gram Micro Servo
- (1) 480-Size, 880Kv Brushless Outrunner Motor
- (1) User Manual
AS3X Receiver with Optional SAFE Select Technology
AS3X® (Artificial Stabilization - 3-aXis) technology works behind the scenes to smooth out the effects of wind and turbulence so you enjoy a sense of stability and precision that makes you feel like you're flying a larger, expertly-tuned aircraft. If you're a relatively new pilot or want an extra margin of safety while familiarizing yourself with the airplane, you can activate the optional-use SAFE® Select technology.
With SAFE Select features enabled, you get:
Pitch and Bank Angle Limits
- These envelope limits keep the airplane from rolling or pitching upside down. They also prevent excessive climb or dive angles.
- Instantly returns the airplane to level when the sticks are released. During launch, you can turn SAFE Select technology on to keep the airplane level until you get both hands back on the controls. If you are flying FPV with a headset, activating SAFE Select technology will allow you to relax and enjoy the view without worrying about trying to stay level or getting disoriented and losing control.
- The airplane will maintain altitude by automatically adjusting the throttle and airspeed as needed
Advanced Aerodynamics and Lightweight Construction
Central to the aircraft's amazing capabilities are the advanced aerodynamics that shapes its design. In addition to an efficient airfoil, winglets and fins on the fuselage help the model track true in a variety of conditions. Vortex generators near the leading edge of the top of the wing, and just ahead of the elevons on the bottom, enhance slow speed stability and control. The airframe itself is constructed of carbon-fiber reinforced, hollow-core EPO material that keeps weight to a minimum while maintaining strength and rigidity.
Easy to Assemble and Transport
One of the model’s most impressive features is how easy it is to take anywhere you want it to go. Its plug-in wing panels feature hands-free servo connections and are secured without the need for tools or fasteners so assembly or disassembly can be done in almost no time at all.
3S and 4S Compatible Brushless Power System with Folding Prop
The high-power brushless power system provides great power for carrying camera payloads or performing sport aerobatics when using 3S LiPo batteries—or you can use a 4S battery for even more power and performance without the need for any modifications or upgrades. When you want to power off and grab a thermal, the folding prop reduces drag so you can glide longer.
Multiple Camera Type and Mounting Options Available
In addition to a sleek, low-drag nose for soaring, sport and aerobatic flying, the Opterra 1.2m flying wing also includes an optional-use nose that’s designed to accept an FPV (First-Person View) camera. There’s also a forward-facing station above the nose where you can mount a GoPro Session, RunCam HD or other similar camera to record your flight in high-definition video.
Bind-N-Fly® Basic Version
Already own a Spektrum™ transmitter? Bind-N-Fly Basic (BNF®) aircraft make getting into the air quickly and with the best control experience possible easier than ever. They come out of the box with the servos, power system and a Spektrum 2.4GHz receiver installed, so all you need to do is bind the receiver to a compatible transmitter, finish any final assembly and fly!
Lightweight construction and efficient aerodynamics make it possible for the E-flite® Opterra® 1.2m flying wing to deliver a wide range of capabilities that includes everything from sport flying and performing aerobatics, to soaring and beyond. It even gives you the ability to put yourself in the pilot's seat with optional FPV gear while also using a GoPro Session, RunCam HD or other similar class camera to record high-definition video at the same time (cameras and FPV gear sold separately).
The E-flite® Opterra® 1.2m flying wing is more compact than its 2.0m counterpart, yet it delivers added convenience, capability and flexibility through refined aerodynamics and an updated design that includes a number of great features. Its simplified three-piece airframe requires no tools or fasteners for assembly/disassembly with a convenient hands-free servo connection system and plug-in vertical fins. Enlarged elevons provide improved roll rate and control response, while a built-in keel with plastic cover makes launching easier and adds protection when landing. An improved motor mount design provides added durability and strength that’s perfectly matched to the brushless power system that’s compatible with 3S and 4S LiPo batteries right out of the box—no modifications or upgrades required. There are even channels molded into the wings that allow for installation of optional LED light strips, plus the included standard and FPV camera noses can be swapped out without tools or fasteners.
|Completion Level||Bind-N-Fly Basic|
|Minimum Required Radio||Full-Range 5 Channel DSMX?/DSM2? (sold separately)|
|Motor Size||480-Size, 880Kv Brushless Outrunner (installed)|
|Product Length||20.7 in (525mm)|
|Recommended Motor Battery||2200?3200mAh 3?4S LiPo with EC3? Connector (sold separately)|
|Servos||(2) 13-Gram Digital Micro (installed)|
|Wing Area||437 sq in (28.2 sq dm)|
|Wingspan||47.2 in (1200mm)|